GLYPHJOCKEY - KING O' THE WEB!
Did I mention?........ KING O' THE WEB!
Saturday, June 02, 2007
8 Random Facts About Me.
It's supposedly a "meme" (I'm not seeing the virality of it, tho- so to me it's a "thing"), but it's forced me to cut the mental cheese to a certain degree...
The Rules: Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. Players should tag eight other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
Marty Weil at Ephemera has tagged me.
Ecch. Here goes:
1. I believe reality is a construct of our conciousness as much as it is a set of empirical cause and effect phenomena and that both states coexist.
2. I love me some Zombies. Zack Snyder/James Gunn's Dawn of the Dead, Zombi, 28 Days Later, Planet Terror, The Original Night of the Living Dead and its remake ....the list goes on..... my whole family probably thinks more about what to do in case of a Zombie attack than in case of a fire. I never watched horror until about 4 years ago.
3. When I see an ocean or a baby, I feel as though I am looking into the face of the universe itself, and will always spend a little time letting the ocean sink in or greeting the baby.
4. I infrequently have flying dreams, but the best ones are where I'm in a contraption that never gets higher than, say, 35-50 feet off the ground.
5. A large part of my attitude about art stem from visits to MOMA as an adolescent. Kienholz, Lichtenstein, Yokoo, Rauschenberg, Wesselman, the Lumia Suite, the ability for film or a vacuum cleaner to be art all changed me.
6. I have a degree in film, but after my wife informed me I knew nothing about it I realized knew nothing about it. I was behaving like an egg-headed dilletante. I have been since reborn into the world of Turner Classic Movies.
7. I have eaten fugu.
8. This space intentionally left blank.
Those I will tag shall remain undisclosed, because I hate all "Boycott Amoco on Wednesday and we'll lower oil prices" "Send this email to 5 friends and Bill Gates will make crippled children walk" kind of stuff, yet I feel there's some post-profile validity to this. Conversely, if you want me to tag you just ask! :
From Your Pal glyphjockey at 6/02/2007 04:31:00 PM